Mother's Day: Honour, Blessing, and Love

We find such honour and blessing represented all throughout the book of Ruth. By honouring her mother-in-law, Naomi, Ruth entered into the fullness of her calling and destiny. Ruth’s choice to honour Naomi sowed a seed of blessing that would reap big fruit and glorify God.

Ruth...honouring Naomi…Marriage to Boaz (the Kinsman Redeemer)…Obed…Jesse…David……JESUS!

I am grateful for the blessings that come with honouring my own mother, but the motivating drive behind this honour comes from the love that I have for her.

My mother has yet to meet the Lord (she has been a Jehovah’s Witness for 29 years). Thanks to His grace, mercy, and love, salvation of a household often begins with one member of the family. I look forward to the day when my mother, father, and the entire family come to know the inseparable love of Jesus. The promise in Acts 11:14 is for those of you with a similar set of circumstances. Embrace it!

Thank you mom for everything you have done for me. As a single parent, you sacrificed and laid your life down for your two children. I honour and thank you for being a woman of excellence.

Lord, I ask that You bless each of my friends with a mother’s heart…who is a mother…or who aspires to be a mother. You know who you are :)

May the Lord reward your work, and your wages be full from the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to seek refuge. - Ruth 2:12

Comments

Shane said…
Great post. I thank you Lord that Your word says that you and your whole household shall be saved. I stand with my brother Shane in agreement that his whole family shall come to know You.
Blessings...
Vinj&Kath said…
This is so sweet shane, ur a great son, obveously.

Kathryn
rose said…
Dear Shane W.,

The pain, and endure as for the desperate prayers for our dearest family members to come to know the Lord is often aching, but shaped the drive and motivation to press in.

Being honest, transparent and truthful is a key to withness to members of JW. Allowing her to come close to your heart, to see your struggles, dreams and passions, and how the Lord in you deals with it, is powerful.

Based on the 97% of truth, we basically share the same language. The only thus make a differece, that is the "journey". In the journey, the ensurance of Salvation, the friendship and Lordship that Christ has for us. Christ promised to walk with us on every single path, in all difficulties. Sweetness or bitterness, He will never leave us. And that fellowship is the base of our faith and trust!


The Lord is good! We must trust! And every person is given free will, yet He had called us by name. We need to do our part, in crying out to Him, pressing in prayers, be a watchman! Yet, the one who made the seed grows, is JESUS.

There is a purpose in everything. It's a ongoing process, for you, for me, for your mom. He will never fail us!


In Jesus,
Roseline
Shane W. said…
I've been away from my blog for awhile...Reading these words of encouragement has brought blessed me beyond words. Thank you all for your tender gift of encouragement. Thank you Jesus.

And to Jesus, be all the glory, praise, and honour!

Love Shane

Popular Posts